Monday, March 15, 2004

What if you only had 24 hours left in this world? How would you spend it? Who would you spend it with and where would you spend it with them? I just finished reading a book that was based on the idea of dying at a certain fixed age, and then awakening at a younger fixed age. This would happen to you over and over...and over again. Just imagine the things you thought you could fix, repair, and completely remodel. A friend of mine gave me that book and said she thought it was the best she had ever read; that is, until she reads my mine - her words and not mine. I mean, I look at the fact that my path was on the same line as the novel; except mine was real and not fictional. I was allowed to wake up with my memories intact, not new ones that are yet to be made. I was also black for 24 hours, and do not remember like almost two days in my life. But you know what? I was surrounded by loved ones who never left my side, and I was in the thoughts of so many others. So remember this when you are out walking, and you think that you are all alone...you are never by yourself when someone else is thinking about you. Even those who only come in for a season mark a strike that forever stays in your memory, right? It just seems that they may be forgotten when suddenly they are out walking alone and in need of a friend. Once again, I always feel that I am always sheltered in that sense as I have people who look at life the way I do, and so we make sure to always be around one another. Not just for 24 hours but a lifetime.

"In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life; It goes on."
- Robert Frost

No comments: