Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Sitting here I am reminded of a time in Whistler when I in a quarry of similar sorts. On the one hand I was rich in opportunity and in the other I was flat broke...Both times I could always access a computer to throw my thoughts out into empty walls that would usually reverberate bacl an answer. Now, here I sit in front of a screen, music playing in my ears, and wait to see what will happen next. I have usually compared life to a road, but lately, I have been thinking of it as more of a map - you can read directions from a map, n'est pas? You can follow those directions from a map if you choose, or if not, find an alternate route and proceed from there. Your path is of your own making, your course set and able to be changed, and whatever way you head, you will always find a shorcut of some sort in between. This is where you find the richness of experience, the beauty of choice, and the understanding that we all have to make decisions in life that are not so easy to make sometimes...Hold on McGinty. Hold on.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
- Henry David Thoreau

No comments: