Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Thoughts

I am afraid to be alone with you sometimes,
Especially when the rain falls,
And evening pulls its dark hood over the sun’s eyes.

I refuse to be alone with you sometimes,
When I lay awake,
And breathe into that empty void.

I am terrified to be alone with you sometimes,
When there is no one else around,
And the silent ticking of wasted time falls faster and faster.

I breathe deep,
In and out,
Exhale and yet want to scream and shout.

Strong,
Strong,
Stand strong.

I need to be alone with you always,
It is the only way I can grow,
And understand what to remove and what needs to remain.

I have to be alone with you always,
To tell me everything will be okay,
And that the road ahead is sweeter than the road behind.

I want to be alone with you always,
Memorable times of days before,
And better days yet to come.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I love the repetition of the phrase with the slight adaptation every time. Very melodic- it's easy to get caught up in it, so much so that you have to read it twice to really see that. It's as though you miss out on the experience cause you're caught up in something else, then only really experience it as you relive it by looking back.... thoughtful.

David Stokely said...

Very nice.
Very powerful.